Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the end of the school year is approaching...

Ahhhh....finally summer is in the air!  This school year has been a wonderful year, and again I am blessed to have worked with so many talented young ladies and gentleman.  One of our latest units has been working with liquid watercolors, which I love because the colors are so vibrant AND they speed up the watercolor painting process!  They are all ready liquid form, so no need to add water!  I do multiple watercolor painting projects with my Intro classes - and one they seem to enjoy the most is the experimental watercolor techniques.  We use salt, rice, plastic wrap, and other household items to create visual texture.  I absolutely love what salt does to watercolor!
"Pisces Dance"  Watercolor On Paper.  2011


Another watercolor project that I am trying out right now (only a few students are completely finished) is painting on a crackled surface.  When you use watercolors, it creates this mosaic or almost a stained glass affect.  So far, so good - the projects are turning out beautifully!  And the kids really like the final look.

"Under the Sea"  Watercolor On Board.  2011

No comments:

Post a Comment