Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Blast of Color!

Last week, I had the amazing opportunity to continue my education through Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and Great Lakes Institute of Photography (GLIP).  I met so many wonderful artists - all teachers in my eyes - for I learned A LOT in only 4 days.  I finally felt a sense of belonging as an artist, that I haven't felt since my photo darkroom days at BGSU.  It was sad to leave, but I am so thankful for the photographers who develop, teach, and attend these programs.  I will definitely see you there next year!

On one of our outings to Downtown Ann Arbor, MI - we had some time to kill while waiting for our model.  Downtown, there is a  'graffiti hall' - graffiti artists paint all over the walls until their heart is content.  I'm not sure if this is supported by everyone in the community - but it seems to be quite a popular place.  Another interesting tid bit - in the 'graffiti hall' there is a 'gum wall'.  Passers by add their chewed gum to the wall and it becomes part of the art - painted over and over and over again - creating a whole new texture to the brick wall itself.  Some might consider it gross - others might consider it sculpture!

Here are several photos I took while visiting Ann Arbor.



No comments:

Post a Comment